Construction on the bridge began in 1915, after the completion of works directed by the author of the project, the engineer J. Eugenio Ribera. It was inaugurated in 1921.
The bridge’s main features are the two stone pilasters in the form of a triumphal arch on both sides of the river, and the metal structure supported by cables. It significantly improved communications for the town, being the first permanent bridge across the lower section of the Ebro river, and for many years the one with the most light between its columns in Spain.
The Amposta Suspension Bridge is a symbol of the town.
Location: In the town of Amposta.