This building was erected in 1947 by architect F. J. Barba Corsini, on the former site known as the Fábrica, where there once stood a soap factory and a rice-drying facility. It was a place where people went to enjoy themselves playing traditional games.
The municipal market stands there now. It consists of a nave with covered arcades along the sides, where there are various shops. Above these are some large windows with magnificent stained-glass, made using the medieval leading technique, depicting scenes of wildlife from the Ebro Delta.
The market supplies fresh produce from the region that form part of the traditional Mediterranean cuisine, including fish, meat, vegetables, fruit, bread, cakes and pastries, etc.
Location: Av. Alcalde Palau, 68, Amposta.