Sant Jaume de Frontanyà is an Augustinian monastery located in the centre of the town of the same name in the Berguedá region. It was built in the 11th century to take in the community of St Jaume Vell which was suffering due to the poor conditions in the upper part of the mountain.
Today, all that remains of the monastery is its church, consisting of a single nave, three apses, and a transept. The nave and transept arms have a barrel vault, and over the crossing is an octagonal dome that forms a 12-sided cupola on the exterior. It is the only one that remains from this period in Catalonia. On the exterior façade, over the entrance door, there is a porthole window. The square belfry above the main façade was rebuilt in 1572.
Location: In the village of Sant Jaume de Frontanyà.